Sculptra® Aesthetic is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic, biodegradable substance used in various treatment solutions & devices. Upon injection of Sculptra® Aesthetic, poly-L-lactic microparticles are absorbed by the body, helping to gradually stimulate collagen growth over time, resulting in added facial volume, reducing the appearance of deep wrinkles and also adds volume to the buttocks. It is given as an injection in a simple, nonsurgical procedure that helps add volume to areas of the face where there is moderate to severe fat loss, cheeks or temples. Sculptra® Aesthetic affects the foundation of the face, restoring the underlying structure of the skin.
- Enhances Cheek, Chin & Temples
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Safe & Approved by Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Increases Self-esteem
- Slight / No Discomfort
- Minimally Invasive
- No Downtime / Resume Normal Activity Immediately
Sculptra® Aesthetic: 3-Step Process
Step 1: Evaluation
Our licensed medical team member will decide exactly where to place the injections to give you the best results.
Step 2: Painless Methods
Our licensed medical team member can either proceed with the injections immediately or can apply topical anesthetic cream, or an ice pack to the area before the injections, for your comfort.
Step 3: Injection Time
Our licensed medical team member will make a few tiny, precisely placed injections into the muscles that are causing your wrinkles. The injections will cause a weakening of the muscles, making them relax. The wrinkled skin covering the overactive muscles then becomes smooth as the wrinkles are erased.
- 3-days prior & 3-days post Sculptra® Aesthetic do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, muscle relaxers, & allergy medications.
- Workout to get your blood pumping to help get you psychologically ready
- Practice meditation, listening to music, & reading are all good ways to set your mind at ease.
- Remain upright for 4-hours after injection (you may lie in a reclined position, just do not lay flat).
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1-hour after injection.
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead.
- Refrain from exercise that increases your heart rate greatly (running, swimming, bicycling, etc.) for 24-hours following injections. Walking or other low-impact exercise are fine.
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24-hours after injections. Washing your face & applying make-up is fine.
- Avoid using a facial brush, having a facial, putting your face in a massage cradle, or be face down in a chiropractor’s chair for 24-hours following the injection.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil supplements, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo or green tea for 24-hours following Sculptra® Aesthetic .
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15-minutes every hour to decrease bruising.
- The most common side effect is headache with Sculptra® Aesthetic. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer & have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic will gradually take effect over 7 to10-days with optimum result at 2-weeks. If this is your first Sculptra® Aesthetic injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2-weeks after your injection.
- Minor pain, swelling & bruising at the injection sites
- Eyelid dropping & / or double vision
- Dry eyes or excessive tear production
- Facial asymmetry
- Rare allergic reactions
The best candidates for Sculptra® Aesthetic treatments are people at least 21-years old who are physically healthy.
People who are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a history of neuromuscular diseases (such as multiple sclerosis or myasthenia gravis) or under the age of 18.
- If you are a smoker 3-days prior to Sculptra® Aesthetic lay off the cigarettes, doing so will drastically reduce your chances of bruising & hopefully lead to you stopping smoking altogether.
- 3-days prior to Sculptra® Aesthetic apply Arnicare Cream, a natural cream which has been proven to reduce the effects of bruising.
- Note: Do not use Arnica Cream if you have active heart disease, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or are taking Coumadin, Lovenox, Heparin, or Xeralto, or are on a medication which affects bloods clotting.
- Apply an ice pack to your face before & after your treatment to keep swelling down, vastly reducing the amount of bruising.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is unique & unlike any other dermal fillers due to its unique makeup of poly-L-latic acid, which stimulates collagen production vs. Hyaluronic Acid–based dermal fillers, which fill in areas & add volume.