A HydraFacial MD® is a medical-grade resurfacing treatment that clears out your pores, plus it hydrates your skin. The four-step treatment includes cleansing, exfoliating, extracting, & hydrating the skin with serums, that have anti-aging & antioxidant properties, that are infused into pores with the HydraPeel Tip, a pen-like device.
- Brightens & Soothes Skin
- Tightens Pores
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Increases Collagen & Elastin Production
- Improves Blood Flow
- No Downtime / Resume Normal Activity Immediately
HydraFacial MD®: 4-Step Process
Step 1: Vortex Exfoliation
The first part of the process is exfoliation. Our skin cells are always dying & replenishing. Eventually they shed on their own, but exfoliation helps the process along, so your skin feels fresh & revitalized. It also helps to brighten up your complexion. This is because dead cells don’t reflect light well, so your skin can end up looking dull. Once all the dead cells are sloughed off, the healthy cells help your skin look bright & clean. Next the esthetician will use a deplaning tool to sweep the dead skin cells & debris away. This also helps to open your pores, which leads to increased skin hydration.
Step 2: Acid Peel
The Acid Peel, a non-irritant mix of glycolic & salicylic acid, hydrates the skin with a nutrient-rich solution that also deeply penetrates the pores. The solution gets in & loosens debris from deep inside your pores to allow it to be removed later. The solution also leaves the skin feeling soft & refreshed.
Step 3: Vortex Extraction
A Vortex Extraction, a non-painful extraction uses the HydraPeel Tip which acts as a vacuum & literally sucks all the gunk out of your clogged pores. Because the acid peel helped to loosen all the debris inside your pores this is an easy process. The esthetician can choose from a couple of different strengths of suction to find the one that is best for your pores.
Step 4: Serum Application
The last step of the process is vortex fusion because it ties the whole treatment together. The HydraPeel Tip applies collagen & an antioxidant serum into the skin that promotes hydration & elasticity. This serum helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tones, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, & oiliness.
- Stop using any Isotretinoin products, like Accutane, for 6-months before a HydraFacial MD® unless you’ve been given clearance by a clinician.
- Discontinue the use of generic tretinoin or topical Retin-A for at least 48-hours prior to your HydraFacial MD(R).
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, on the area that is going to be treated for at least 48-hours before your HydraFacial MD®.
- Stop using any medium or deep chemical peels or chemical resurfacing treatments & laser treatments for at least 2-weeks before you have a HydraFacial MD®.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48-hours before your HydraFacial MD®.
- Stop using any over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide & salicylic acid, for at least 48-hours before you have your HydraFacial MD®.
- Avoid any excessive sun exposure & do not use any tanning beds for at least 72-hours before treatment.
- Do not have any BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments for at least 2-weeks before treatment. You can have BOTOX® Cosmetic done on the same day as your facial, but it must happen after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Do not shave your face on the same day as your HydraFacial MD®.
- Avoid extra sun exposure & don’t use any tanning beds for at least 72-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Don’t use topical Retin-A or generic tretinoin for at least 48-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Don’t use any medium or deep chemical peels or laser treatments for at least 2-weeks after your HydraFacial MD®
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, for at least 48-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Don’t use over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, for at least 48-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Avoid intense heat for at least 24-hours after the HydraFacial MD®.
- Wait until the day after your treatment to apply makeup.
- You may experience increased bruising if you are on blood thinners or aspirin.
- If you have recently used Retin-A or retinoid your skin may be more sensitive & red.
- After the treatment, your skin may feel a bit sensitive for a couple of hours.
- You may experience minor swelling of or around your eyes or lips.
- During the treatment you may feel a cool & soothing scrub-like sensation.
- Some clients feel a slight tingling sensation during the application of the light chemical peel.
- Very rare allergic reaction to certain ingredients, please be sure to discuss any allegories with our esthetician.
- The HydraFacial MD® is designed for all skin types. Even the most sensitive skin easily tolerates the HydraFacial MD® treatment. The esthetician may choose specific treatment serums & / or customize the treatment for your unique skin conditions & needs.
People who are pregnant, breastfeeding, Epilepsy, Cancer, autoimmune disease, Diabetes & If you have recently had light or laser treatment, chemical peel, facial steroid injection, cosmetic injectables, recent microdermabrasion, facial waxing, surgical procedure, sun burn, skin infection or recent changes in growths or moles in the area treated area.
Hydration is the foundation of healthy, radiant skin. Irritation of the skin has been proven to increase signs of aging. HydraFacial MD® is a hydrating & non-irritating treatment.