Dysport® is a purified protein – the cosmetic form of botulinum toxin. It is given as an injection in a simple, nonsurgical procedure that helps smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines), forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet near the eyes, thick bands in the neck, wrinkles around the mouth – without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Dysport® works as a shield between the brain & the muscle so that, even if your brain is telling a muscle to move–whether this is on purpose or because of misfiring neurons–the muscle will stay still. Dysport® is designed to soften lines of excessive facial expression from squinting & frowning.
- Reduces Fine Lines, Furrows & Wrinkles
- Safe & Approved by Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Increases Self-esteem
- Slight / No Discomfort
- Minimally Invasive
- No Downtime / Resume Normal Activity Immediately
Dysport®: 3-Step Process
Step 1: Evaluation
Our licensed medical team member will decide exactly where to place the injections to give you the best results.
Step 2: Painless Methods
Our licensed medical team member can either proceed with the injections immediately or can apply topical anesthetic cream, or an ice pack to the area before the injections, for your comfort.
Step 3: Injection Time
Our licensed medical team member will make a few tiny, precisely placed injections into the muscles that are causing your wrinkles. The injections will cause a weakening of the muscles, making them relax. The wrinkled skin covering the overactive muscles then becomes smooth as the wrinkles are erased.
- 3-days prior & 3-days post Dysport® do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, muscle relaxers, & allergy medications.
- Workout to get your blood pumping to help get you psychologically ready
- Practice meditation, listening to music, & reading are all good ways to set your mind at ease.
- Remain upright for 4-hours after injection (you may lie in a reclined position, just do not lay flat).
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1-hour after injection.
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead.
- Refrain from exercise that increases your heart rate greatly (running, swimming, bicycling, etc.) for 24-hours following injections. Walking or other low-impact exercise are fine.
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24-hours after injections. Washing your face & applying make-up is fine.
- Avoid using a facial brush, having a facial, putting your face in a massage cradle, or be face down in a chiropractor’s chair for 24-hours following the injection.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil supplements, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo or green tea for 24-hours following for 24-hours following Dysport®.
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15-minutes every hour to decrease bruising.
- The most common side effect is headache with Dysport®. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer & have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed.
- Dysport® will gradually take effect over 7 to10-days with optimum result at 2-weeks. If this is your first Dysport® injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2-weeks after your injection.
- Minor pain, swelling & bruising at the injection sites
- Eyelid dropping & / or double vision
- Dry eyes or excessive tear production
- Facial asymmetry
- Rare allergic reactions
The best candidates for Dysport® treatments are people at least 21-years old who are physically healthy.
People who are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a history of neuromuscular diseases (such as multiple sclerosis or myasthenia gravis).
- If you are a smoker 3-days prior to Dysport® lay off the cigarettes, doing so will drastically reduce your chances of bruising & hopefully lead to you stopping smoking altogether.
- 3-days prior to Dysport® apply Arnicare Cream, a natural cream which has been proven to reduce the effects of bruising.
- Note: Do not use Arnica Cream if you have active heart disease, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or are taking Coumadin, Lovenox, Heparin, or Xeralto, or are on a medication which affects bloods clotting.
- Apply an ice pack to your face before & after your treatment to keep swelling down, vastly reducing the amount of bruising.
Dysport® has been proven to aid with migraine headaches, TMJ, muscle stiffness & twitching & excessive sweating.
- Dysport® & BOTOX® Cosmetic are both are made of purified protein – the cosmetic form of botulinum toxin. Dysport® is more diluted than BOTOX® Cosmetic, making Dysport® useful when treating large areas of the body; i.e., forehead. The difference in concentration typically occurs because Dysport®uses smaller protein molecules to induce muscle relaxation.
- Dysport® freezes muscles to stop creases & wrinkles caused by facial expressions while dermal fillers use Hyaluronic Acid & similar substances to “fill in” or plump areas that have lost volume & smoothness.